Friday, April 1, 2011

Recipe #26 - Snow Mountain Green Beans

_______________________________________________________________________________

I needed a side for my Recipe #27- Parmesan-Potato-Crusted Halibut with Roasted Tomato-Zucchini "Salsa". Green beans were my first choice. However, I haven't been having very good luck with the green bean recipes. So, I thought I'd give it another go.

This recipe I found at AllRecipes.com. The name was what caught my attention, yes, I thought it was cute. Yet, it seemed very bland. So I took the concept and added a little twist.

Begin by rinsing and then snapping off the ends of the fresh green beans. Using a steamer, place the beans in a large pot with about an inch of water at the bottom. Bring to boil for about 10 minutes.


Meanwhile, melt butter and oil in a pan over medium heat. Once melted, saute garlic and shallots until shallots are transparent.


Drain green beans and add to pan with garlic and shallot mixture. Add salt and pepper. Stir for 3-4 minutes. To serve sprinkle with feta cheese.


Once again, not my favorite, but everyone else loved them. I'm still on the search for the best green bean recipe!

Time: 20 minutes
Rating: 7
Ingredients:
1 pound fresh green beans
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon extra vigin olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 medium sized shallots, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup feta cheese

1 comment:

  1. Good beans. I LOVE green beans, probably my favorite vegetable now that I have tasted the different variations Melissa has cooked. So much flavor. These were not as flavorful as some she has done and others I have had at different restaurants but still flavorful enough to make them edible. I give the beans a 7.

    ReplyDelete