Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recipe #25 - Whatever-Is-In-The-Cabinet Steak Marinade

_______________________________________________________________________________

My last night in Houston and I still needed one more recipe. I was short on time when I ran into the store and bought bacon wrapped steak tenderloin. I assumed my brother would have all the fixin's to remake Roughbox Marinade. BIG mistake. He had close to nothing in his cabinets.

So, after assessing the situation, here is what I came up with:

In a zip-lock baggy, I mixed together the soy sauce, distilled white vinegar, actual red wine, minced garlic cloves, steak tenderizer, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs seasoning. Add the steaks and let sit for at least 2 hours, turning once or twice.




I paired the steak with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Yum!

I def think it could have used a little lemon juice in the marinade and maybe a little less soy, but other than that, I think it turned out pretty darn good for a make-shift marinade.

Rating: 6
Time: 10 mins for the marinade, 2 hours for sit time, and 15 to grill.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup soy sause
1/4 distilled white vinegar
1/4 red wine
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon steak tenderizer
1 or 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs, or to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment