Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recipe #15 - Boiled Red Potatoes & Make-Shift Salad

I wanted to serve potatoes and a salad with Recipe #16 - Roughbox Steak Marinade. I was looking through the frig and saw I had some Grilled Tomato Basil-Relish left over from Recipe #12. So, I cut up some romaine lettuce, added some crumbled feta cheese, and the left over "relish" (which I think looked and tasted more like salsa).


With the salad out of the way, I began prepping the potatoes. I rinsed them, placed them into a pan and covered them with well salted water. Bring to boil, cook till fork tender. I then drained them and returned them to the same pot they were cooked in.


Add the butter, dill and sour cream. Season with salt to taste. Mash with fork or masher thing. I have no idea what those things are called.

The original recipe didn't call for sour cream, but I felt it was missing something so I added it last minute. It was very good. It made the potatoes more moist and flavorful.

The salad was surprisingly gratifying for something that was so last minute. The balsamic vinegar in the relish mixed with the feta cheese complimented each other perfectly. Def my favorite salad that I've made so far.

For the salad:
Time: 15mins
Rating: 6
Ingredients:
Romain lettuce
Feta cheese
Relish from recipe #12

For the potatoes:
Time: 15mins
Rating: 7
Ingredients:
2 pounds red potatoes
Salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped

No comments:

Post a Comment