Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recipe #5 - Taco Chili

_______________________________________________________________________________


I originally planned to make Taco Soup, but every recipe I found seemed to be missing something. I looked from Rachel Ray to Paula Dean and even just Googled "Taco Soup". So I decided last minute to make huge changes to the recipe.

I started out browning the Angus ground beef with the two onions over medium heat in a stockpot (apparently those are the tall ones). Since my parents still haven't replaced the automatic can opener, I made dad earn his dinner by opening up ALL the cans for me by hand. Lol. He didn't seem to mind.


Drained excess fat. Then added both types of kidney beans, Mexican tomatoes, niblet corn (frozen then thawed), tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, Rotel, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing seasoning, to the stockpot.

Simmer over low heat for at least an hour.  Then top with sour cream, cheese and Fritos.


I really didn't think it looked like soup at all. It looked more like chili. So instead of calling this "Taco Soup" I've rightfully renamed it "Taco Chili". I'm happy with the way it turned out. I'm not a huge soup fan to begin. I'd much prefer a thicker chili type dish than a soupy one. I think it's the broth. I don't think I'm a broth person if that makes any sense. Lol.

How I made mine.
How Dad made his.... oh dad...
Time: 1 hour, 15 mins
Rating: 8.5 (I'd def make this one again)
Serves: 6
Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
2 chopped onion
1 (15 1/2 ounces) cans Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained
2 (15 1/2 ounces) cans Light Red Kidney Beans, drained
2 (15 1/2 ounces each) cans Mexican Tomatoes
1 (15 1/2 ounces) can or frozen Niblet Corn, drained
1 (14 1/2 ounces) can diced Tomatoes
2 (4 ounces each) cans diced Green Chilies
1 small can Black Olives, drained
1/2 cup Green Olives, sliced
2 cans Rotel - original 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
1 package Ranch Salad Dressing Mix Sour Cream
Grated Cheese
Chopped Onions
Fritos (corn chips)

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant! I just had spaghetti squash at a restaurant last night – and I couldn’t think of how they cooked it so well! This must be how! So glad to have read this – perfect timing! Access the Dark Web Deep Web stories Deep Web Reddit Links Deep Web Browsers

    ReplyDelete