Sunday, February 27, 2011

Recipe #10 - Cranberry & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

_______________________________________________________________________________

I got this recipe off my fab little sista T. Pretty much winged it.

First, I preheated oven to 400. Then I rinsed and butterflied the chicken breasts (organic, free range, grain fed chicken breast). I had to Google "how to butterfly a chicken breast". Lol. I love Google, it makes me more smart everyday. Then I seasoned the breast with salt and pepper.




I then mixed the cream cheese, goat cheese (I used the kind with chives and onions for extra taste), and dried cranberries together in a medium sized bowl. Spoon the cheese mixture into the middle of the chicken breasts and close like a sandwich.




Place into a baking dish and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until done (which I just learned was 190 degrees inside for chicken).




Something I would have done differently is make some sort of marinade and soaked the chicken in it prior. The chicken was a tad bland and a little dry. The cheese mixture was perfect though, it def made the recipe.






Time: 55 mins
Rating: 6.5
Serves: 6
Ingredients:
6 Free range chicken breast
2/3 cup cream cheese
2/3 cup goat cheese (optional: with chives and onions)
1 cup dried cranberries (or to taste)
Salt and pepper

6 comments:

  1. The stuffing in this was INCREDIBLE! I thought there was just a little too much of it. I agree with the comment about the need to possibly marinade the chicken or do something else to make it more moist. This was a great leftover. We fought over the last one on the 2nd day. I lost. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast for dinner is always fun with the kids and we do pizza a lot too. They are getting to be the age that I can allow them to use the cook top, it makes cooking/baking fun! Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am fitness freak or you can say me that i am live in the gym. you can check out latest stuff airtel ussd codes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post, I have read this post here I got very useful information. This is a very useful article for online review readers.

    Overwatch Game Alternatives christopher stokowski flvto mp3 converter Jürgen Klopp janusgames

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m in crockpot heaven…i am bookmarking this page and will go through these recipes. I just used my crockpot today (chili) and I’m always looking for new crockpot recipes to try. thanks.

    Harold Burton

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! I make your sweet potato, black bean, and feta frittata all the time and also use it as a base for my own creations – so I’m excited to try this as well. For the reader saying this is not low calorie, I guess it all depends on your definition – I calculate this at around 220 calories / serving if divided into 6 portions, which sounds pretty light to me. I usually serve frittatas like this for dinner with some green salad, though potatoes or toast is nice if you want some carbs.
    Joseph Donahue

    ReplyDelete