Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recipe #40 - Buffalo-Ranch Chicken Dip (aka Mich's Dip)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Every time my girlfriends and I get together Michelle has made it a tradition to make this Buffalo-Ranch Chicken Dip. I'm not sure exactly how she came across the recipe, but I'm sure glad she did. The second it comes out of the oven the nine of us gather around the table, chips already in hand. It literally doesn't last 10 minutes in our midst. It's one of my favorite parts of our reunions. 

So I choose to make it for my family this 4th of July. Mainly because I can't wait till the end of July for our next union to have some of this delicous dip. When I was finished, I posted a picture of the end result on Facebook and it turned out that three of the other girls made this recipe for their friends and family on the 4th of July as well. It really is just too good not to share with everyone!

So, there are two different ways to go about putting together this recipe: some people mix all the ingredient up in a large bowl and let it melt together, others (like myself) prefer to layer.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9x12 cooking pan, coat the bottom with the cream cheese. This works best if at room temperature.


Removing the skin in the process, shred the chicken in small bite size pieces. Then place in a medium size bowl.


Mix in the buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing. Let sit for 10 minutes or so to absorb the flavors.


Spread chicken over the cream cheese.


Finally, sprinkle the cheddar cheese then the mozzarella cheese over the chicken mixture. Then place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.


The amazingness is ready for your mouth! Serve out some onto a plate or (like us dainty girls do) eat straight from the dish. Enjoy with some tasty tortilla chips or celery.

This is one of the most addicting dishes you will ever taste. I can promise you that!

Rating: 10
Time: 1 hour
Ingredients:
1 traditional rotisserie chicken
1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use Pete's Buffalo Wing Sauce)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
2 - 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese 
3 cups cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment