Monday, July 18, 2011

Recipe #42 - BLT Bites

_______________________________________________________________________________

The third and final 4th of July recipe - I promise! Someone in our family usually makes a sort of BLT dip, which is delicious. However, I thought I'd put a little spin on it this year. 


In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon crumbles and chives. I was running short on time so opted for the pre-cooked crumbles. They were a little chewy for my liking. Next time I'm going to make the bacon myself (in the skillet) so that it will be extra crispy. Ya know, add a little crunch!


Cut a thin slice off of the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatos on a paper towel to drain. You may also take a tiny bit off the bottoms to keep the tomatos from rolling around.


This was taking my a bit longer than I expected. Luckily I had a little helper volunteer to speed up the process. Thanks TJ! 


I topped each one with a thinly sliced green onion to add a little color and crunch. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.


A close up for your better viewing purposes ;) These turned out to be a refreshing, crisp summer treat! Perfect on a hot day - like it was on the 4th. 

Rating: 7
Time: 1 hour
Serves: 20 
Ingredients: 
20 cherry tomatoes
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Green onions, thinly sliced to top

No comments:

Post a Comment