Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipe #55 - Black Bean Salsa

How amazingly healthy does this recipe look?! I love making salsa. The tomatoes and habenaro pepper was straight form my father's garden.


Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Cover and chill overnight. Taste and add salt, pepper or more lime juice as necessary. Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or with grilled chicken breast as a meal.


I prepared this the day before I left for Kansas City. I stuck it in a cooler and it had time to marinade before joining my family for a taco dinner the following evening. Everyone loved it. It made a lot to. So much that we were able to have again it with brunch the next day. On our drive home, my Aunt Julie called me to ask how I made it. She wanted to make it with all the fresh vegetables in her garden. I absolutely love it when someone asks me for a recipe! Makes me feel like I got one really right. 

Rating: 9
Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 8-10
Ingredients:
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16-17-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
2-3 large tomatoes, seeded and diced 
1 haberaro pepper
1 large jalapeno pepper
2 large avocado, peeled and diced
1 large onion, diced
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment