Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipe #75 - Spicy Vanilla Yams

______________________________________________________________________________

I was talking to one of my friends about my lamb recipe and he suggested I pair it with this Spicy Vanilla Yams recipe. 


Add the sweet potatoes to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes break easily with a fork.


Peel the potatoes while still hot. Puree. Add butter, vanilla springs, extract, and season with salt and cayenne to taste. 

He was right. It went perfectly with Recipe #74 - Stuffed Lamb Roast with Garlic Sauce. I would defiantly make this recipe again. The mixture of the cayenne and vanilla was surprisingly pleasant. Sweet and spicy.  

Rating:
Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients:
6 large sweet potatoes
2 vanilla beans
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter
4 teaspoons cayenne 
Salt to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment