Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recipe #35 - Blackened Salmon

_______________________________________________________________________________

This is a very simple and extremely flavorful recipe. It's one of my mom's personal creations. She watched a friends make it once a few years back. She changed up a few of the technics and used different seasoning. I've had it quite a few times over the years, so I thought it was my turn to give it a go!

Start by rinsing the salmon off. Remove as many scales as possible from the side with the skin. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Leaving the skin on, rub all sides of the salmon with the olive oil. Then sprinkle salmon with the creole seasoning, pat in well.


This part can get really messy! 
(I recommend doing this next step outdoors because the skillet puts off a lot of smoke.)

Melt the butter on a heavy skillet. Place the salmon in the skillet and cook on one side until dark brown, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until dark brown and cooked through.


And you're finished!


I know it looks burnt, but it's really not. It turned out very well. The salmon fell apart perfectly in my mouth, accompanied by the little crunch of the skin.

I served the Blackened Salmon with long grain wild rice and a mixed green salad with sun dried tomato dressing.

Rating: 9
Time: 45 mins
Serves: 4
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds salmon (I used Alasken King Salmon)
6 tablespoons butter
Olive oil - as much as necessary
Creole seasoning - as much as necessary (I used Tony's Creole Seasoning - it's the best!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment